Director of Operation
AEDS mission is building wealth within African immigrant communities. Our work is guided by our value of entrepreneurship, cultural intelligence, innovation and art and culture informed economic development strategy. For more information at www.aeds-mn.org.
The Director Operation is a position that supports the ongoing growth and development of the organization with lead/main responsibility for operation. AEDS is an independent, nonprofit organization since 2008, provide business development training, technical assistance, financial literacy, homeownership education, workforce development, and creative placemaking programs.
Location: Twin Cities Metro Activity Area: Economic Development
Category: Director of Operation Closing Date:
Job Type: Full Time (40Hrs per week) Salary: Commensurate qualification
This position is designed to oversee all fiduciary and administrative task of African Economic Development Solutions. The director of operation serves the office of President and CEO and report to the President and CEO. Director of Operation assist the president and CEO and the leadership team and oversees a range of internal organizational operations, including financial systems and budgeting, contracts, human resources, and information systems. The Director of Operations works very closely with the Director of Programs and the President and CEO. Assists the President and CEO in management functions.
The director of operation is an executive leader with track record of overseeing programs and operation and committed to the mission and value of AEDS and commitment to serve diverse African immigrant communities. The director of operation oversees the operation of the organization, tract the strategic goals, outcomes using dashboard, marketing and communication, and evaluate the programs delivery.
• Provide leadership and direction for the overall service delivery and organization operation.
• Oversee directors and operation of the organization and support the team.
• Develop and track organization workplan in line with its goals.
• Develop Provide overall direction for programs and day to day operation of the organization.
• In collaboration with the President and CEO and the Directors of Programs, cultivate and maintain strong relationships with staff and partners.
• Manage all grants received through external fundraising and assist the development team in establishing and maintaining systems for annual and planned giving.
Administrative Leadership and Support
• Assist the President and CEO in developing mechanisms that support the goals of AEDS.
• Design and coordination, grant/contract management, grant and report writing, and publications/materials.
• supporting communications activities,
• represent at meetings, establishing, and maintaining partnerships to advance the organization’s mission.
• Operation director position requires organizational operation skills, knowledge and experience as well as excellent analytical, interpersonal, organizational, and writing skills and the exercise of extensive discretion, independent judgment, and business acumen.
• Develop and implement performance measurement for AEDS
• Help in setting policies, procedures, and streamline service delivery across all programs
• Work with director of financial services in preparing organization budget
• Guide and oversee organizational systems, e.g. technology/infrastructure, office operations, central database.
• Special projects as requested, example, assist in development of grant proposals and reports, data, and research, and Lead various committees.
• Help in managing human resource systems, including personnel policies and procedures, hiring and termination processes, employee relations, and performance review procedures.
• Ensure compliance with applicable legislation and regulations.
• Support the President and CEO in implementing professional development programs and guiding overall organizational development.
• Oversee and guide organizational development and plan implementation.
• Graduate Degree in business or related field and 5 years of relevant experience or bachelor’s degree in a related field or 10 years of same experience.
• Ability to communicate effectively to develop rapport with staff, clients, and others.
• Highly focused and able to work independently while managing multiple tasks and projects with competing priorities and deadlines.
• Excellent verbal, written, and interpersonal skills.
• Experience working with business development, including personnel, marketing, cost and financial management.
• Strong responsive to change and ability to be flexible and serve as change agent.
• Strong organizational and administrative skills with 3–5 years’ experience at the management level of a nonprofit or small business, including staff supervision and coordination.
• Strong financial management skills, with 3–5 years’ experience in budgeting, planning and forecasting.
• Highly organized, systems-thinker with attention to detail; resourceful and friendly.
• Excellent verbal and written communication and problem-solving skills
• Ability to provide leadership, analyze situations and data, solve problems, handle or recommend appropriate course of action.
• Ability to present complex and technical information to a general audience in order to facilitate decision-making.
• Planning, project management, and facilitation skills.
• Capacity to work and thrive in a growing, fast-paced entrepreneurial organization that values collaboration.
• Bilingual (knowledge of at least one African language is required)
• Experience working with non-profit donors and foundations is a plus.
Work schedule: M-F 8:00-4:30 pm, 40 hours/week with some occasional evening and weekends.
How to Apply:
Send resume with cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org