Development and Administrative Assistant
African Economic Development Solutions (AEDS) (www.aeds-mn.org), a nonprofit that serves
African immigrants in Twin Cities Metropolitan area build wealth, is seeking an experienced Administrative assistant. It provides business plan training, financial literacy education, loan access, business consulting, home ownership education, and creative place-making.
Location: Twin Cities Metro
Activity Area: Economic Development
Category: Administrative Assistant
Job Type: Full Time (40Hrs per week)
Responsibilities: performing administrative and communication duties for the organization
including preparing and reviewing correspondence, reports, scheduling and coordinating
meetings and appointments, event planning, providing customer service, copying, scanning,
filing, answering phones, greeting visitors and coordinating administrative support services.
60% of time
• In consultation with the Development and compliance manager, creates a development
plan and a comprehensive annual giving program.
• Prepares annual fundraising goals for the organization including objectives.
• Prepare thorough and timely call reports on all assessment, cultivation, solicitation,
stewardship and sponsorship for events.
• Work with development and compliance manager to identify and prioritize special
opportunities or needs for major gift fundraising.
• Maintain an ongoing list of funding opportunities and research for new donors.
• Work on the GiveMN “Give to the Max Day” and other online fundraising program to
increase revenue and number of donors each year.
• Identify potential donors to meet identified priorities.
• Conduct discovery calls and outreach to qualify new and prospective donors for
assignment to development and compliance manager.
• Conduct cultivations calls to invite donors to meet with President and CEO.
• Meet weekly with development and compliance program manager.
40% of time
• Handles organization communication such as website, Facebook, twitter, Instagram,
newsletter, and YouTube.
• Data entry and retrieve as requested by President and CEO.
• Prepare and send staff, board, and committee agenda.
• Prepare board reports and packets, schedule board and committee meeting.
• Manage and maintain schedule of President and CEO.
• Assists in the development and distribution of organization communication materials.
• Open, sort, and distribute correspondence such as email, mail, and fax.
• Maintains and retaining files and keeping inventory.
• Carries out other duties as assigned.
• Associates Degree in a business administration or bachelor’s degree in a related field or 2
years of experience in an administrative
• Two years of annual fund development experience preferred.
• Experience communicating with donors.
• Strong ability to execute strategies to achieve development revenue goals.
• Strong oral and written communication skills required with a demonstrated ability to
communicate with donors in person or via phone, email, mail, etc.
• Managing multiple tasks/ projects with competing priorities and deadlines.
• Proficient in excel, words, outlook, and publisher.
• Excellent verbal, written, and interpersonal and communication skills.
• Bilingual (knowledge of at least one African language is preferred but not required)
Work schedule: M-F 8:00-4:30 pm, 40 hours/week with some occasional evening and weekends.
How to Apply: Send resume with cover letter to email@example.com