- Loan Access
Have you been denied a business loan by a traditional bank? Not a problem. We can help.
At AEDS we help our clients overcome obstacles that get in the way of accessing business loans. Our goal is to enable passionate entrepreneurs. We want to provide access to the capital that helps launch their businesses. We eliminate the barriers that get in the way of economic opportunities by pioneering nontraditional financial instruments and by following an innovative business development strategy.
AEDS delivers results because we are invested in the wellbeing of the communities we serve. We collaborate with community partners to ensure the success of our clients. Through our program, current business owners are able to expand their existing businesses and new business owners have the chance to create the business of their dreams.
- Homeownership Workshop
For most of us, a home is the largest purchase we will ever make in our lifetime. At AEDS we offer our Homeownership Workshop because we understand that preparation makes for a successful home purchase. Our goal is to help disadvantaged families and first time homebuyers make informed decisions as they fully realize their slice of the American Dream.
At the AEDS Homeownership Workshop we will prepare homebuyers by:
- Reviewing the steps involved when becoming a homeowner.
- Advising clients on the financial preparation necessary for homeownership.
- Helping clients make decisions about which homes they can afford and how to pay for it.
- Demonstrating the importance of credit and how it impacts homeownership.
- Helping clients choose the right mortgage loans and how to get preapproved.
- Educating clients on the different ways to shop for a home and what to do when they are ready to make an offer.
- Aiding clients in overcoming cultural and religious barriers that may occur when purchasing a home.
- Providing education on the important final steps of the home buying process.
Whether you are considering purchasing a home or already have found your dream home, our housing counselors are available to answer your questions. Our counseling services are confidential and free of charge. Housing counselors can review your finances, credit report, and provide information on current mortgage loan programs, including down payment and closing cost assistance.
If you are interested in individual counseling, contact AEDS today. A counselor and many other homeownership services can be provided over the phone or at our Saint Paul office.
- Small Business Consulting
Small Business Consulting
AEDS provides business consulting to existing or aspiring entrepreneurs in the areas of:
- Licensing and lease review.
- Finance and accounting services.
- Analysis of financials and cash flow projections.
- Transitions, weathering the business cycle, and dealing with growth.
- Crafting effective growth strategies and organizational structures.
- Developing performance metrics and control systems.
- Marketing, branding, and promotion.
- Industry analysis, risk assessment, loan packaging, and other services.
- Tapping into existing public and private resources.
- Financial Literacy Workshop
Financial Literacy Workshop
Navigating our country’s financial system is intimidating for many would be entrepreneurs.
At AEDS our goal is to empower clients with our Financial Literacy Workshop. Clients looking to break free of poverty and build sustained wealth will find our workshop highly effective. The program is designed to help individuals or families develop the skills necessary to succeed in the complex world of finance.
During our workshop you will learn to:
- Make educated financial decisions.
- Raise or repair your credit score and learn how your credit score is calculated.
- Gain confidence in managing your money and credit.
- Achieve your financial goals.
- Business Development Training
Business Development Training
AEDS offers a 12 week business development training program twice a year. It may also hold more sessions by special arrangement. Grounded in relevant cutting-edge adult learning theories, including an experiential, introspective, and interactive approach, the program equips African immigrants and members of other marginalized communities in the Twin Cities and greater Minnesota with pertinent business skills indispensable for their success as entrepreneurs of color.
The training consist of classes, workshops, field work, and one-on-one sessions. The curriculum is developed with the clients’ needs in mind. During the course, participants will be exposed to topics on how to best start a business and successfully grow it with review of consumer and market trends, effective management, marketing, financial management, business strategy, and other important elements.
The cost of the training is determined based on household income and family size. Typically, the price ranges between $75 and $500. Scholarships are available upon request based on income requirements.
The desired outcome of our business development training includes:
- Participants will have developed key business management skills.
- Participants will have identified and crafted their unique business model.
- Participants will have completed business and financial plans to start or grow their business.
- Participants will have grasped effective strategies to increase business survival and profitability.
- Participants will have identified the most common pitfalls in launching and running successful businesses.